Sycamore Presbyterian Church Adult Ministries provides a variety of opportunities for adults to experience Christian growth through study and fellowship.
True community happens in settings where we get to know one another during meaningful discussion. If you are looking for a Sunday morning class, a committed small group, casual gatherings with friends; we invite you to connect with others at Sycamore. You are always welcome to join a class or a group at anytime or drop in to a class as your schedule allows.
If you have any questions about our Adult Ministries events and activities, please contact Wendy Grethel.
There are additional classes and fellowship opportunities. Click on the picture below.
SUMMER MOVIE NIGHT
EVERYONE IS INVITED TO SEE THE MOVIE
CASE FOR CHRIST
Saturday, August 11th; 7:00 PM in the Sanctuary
- Popcorn & Refreshments provided!
- Childcare will be available; please up in the Cafe or use the form on the right side of this web page!
Sunday Study 8:45 - 9:45 am; Room 120 This Bible study meets in a relaxed, informal, caring environment where each person will gain an expanding understanding of how the Bible fits into their life while also getting to know others in the group. New people are welcome to join our group at any time - the more the merrier! Lessons are set up so that each week is a separate lesson. We use Life Guide study books available at the Spiritual Growth center (In the Connector).
- Current Study: John:The Way to True Life Starts September 10.
- We all long for a full, rich, satisfying life. But how do we fill up the empty places in our soul? How can we quench our thirst for something deeper, more lasting, more meaningful? John urges us to take a fresh look at Jesus. Here is the opportunity to establish--or renew--your faith in the One who offers true meaning, true belonging and true life.
Bible Study with Dr. Tim McQuade; 9:00 - 9:45 am; Media Center; Understand main themes from books of the Bible and how these apply to our life of faith.
- Current Study: Romp through Romans starts September 10.
Financial Peace University; 6:00 - 7:30 pm; Media Center; We all need a plan for our money. "FPU" is that plan! It teaches God's ways of handling money. Through video teaching, class discussions and interactive small group activities, FPU presents biblical, practical steps to get from where you are to where you've dreamed you could be. This plan will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and much more!
- 9 week study starts September 10 - November 5
- Sign up in Cafe or use the form on the right of page
- Discounted Cost $95 per household/ $60 if you are not married
- Childcare available when you sign up in advance.
CLASSES DURING THE WEEK
There is more class information on the Men's Ministry and the Women's Ministry pages.
Lamplighters Small Group - Tuesday; 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm; Media Center- True small group Bible study, leaning on Christ and each other.
- Current Study: Starts September 12
- This study shows how the gospel makes a real difference as we unpack this little-read, life-changing New Testament letter. With clarity and insight, we can be excited about, and equipped for, letting the truth transform our lives, our churches, and our mission. These five studies will help small groups and individuals see how to live the good life.
The Legacy Journey - Thursday; 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm; Media Center- This course was created by Dave Ramsey, founder of Financial Peace University (FPU). The Legacy Journey doesn't replace FPU; it builds on the foundation for your money that FPU provides. This is the class for both FPU graduates and anyone who wants a biblical framework for dealing with money and wealth. You'll learn practical how-to's on investing wisely, planning your estate, giving generously, and building generational wealth.
- 7 week course starting September 28th-November 5
- Cost is $109 per family/couple
- Sign up in the cafe or use the form on the right side of this webpage
ALL BIBLE STUDIES SCHEDULE
All Bible Studies meet at the church unless noted otherwise. New people are welcome to join any class at any time!
- Sunday, 8:45 am - 9:45 am; Adult Bible Study; September- May; Location: Room 120
- Sunday, 9:00 am - 9:45 am; Adult Bible Study; September-May; Location: Media Center
- Sunday, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm; Financial Peace University; September - November; Location: Media Center; Childcare provided with advanced notice
- Monday, 10:00 pm - 12:30 pm: Women’s Bible Study; September– May; Location: Room 120
- 1st & 3rd Tuesday, 9:30 am - 11:00 am: Women’s Bible Study; fall-spring; Location: Room 120
- Tuesday, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm: Ladies Discussion Small Group; Room 120
- 3rd Tuesday of Month, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm: Women’s Harmony Circle; September-June; Location: Room 120; Childcare provided with advance notice
- Tuesday, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm; Adult Study Lamplighters; September - May; Location: Media Center; Childcare provided with advance notice
- Wednesday, 6:45 am: Men’s Bible Study; Meets weekly; Location: Room 120
- Wednesday, 9:30 am - 11:15 am: Women’s Bible Study; Meets during school year; Room 120; Childcare provided with advance notice
- Saturday, 8:30 am - 10:00 am; Men's Bible Study; Location: Room 120 September-June