Sycamore Presbyterian Church Adult Ministries provides a variety of opportunities for adults to experience Christian growth through study and fellowship.
True community happens in settings where we get to know one another during meaningful discussion. If you are looking for a Sunday morning class, a committed small group, casual gatherings with friends; we invite you to connect with others at Sycamore. You are always welcome to join a class or a group at anytime or drop in to a class as your schedule allows.
If you have any questions about our Adult Ministries events and activities, please contact Wendy Grethel.
There are additional classes and fellowship opportunities. Click on the picture below.
Sunday Study 8:30 - 9:45 am; Room 120 This Bible study meets in a relaxed, informal, caring environment where each person will gain an expanding understanding of how the Bible fits into their life while also getting to know others in the group. New people are welcome to join our group at any time - the more the merrier! Lessons are set up so that each week is a separate lesson. We use Life Guide study books available at the Spiritual Growth center (In the Connector).
- Current Study: John:The Way to True Life Starts September 10.
- We all long for a full, rich, satisfying life. But how do we fill up the empty places in our soul? How can we quench our thirst for something deeper, more lasting, more meaningful? John urges us to take a fresh look at Jesus. Here is the opportunity to establish--or renew--your faith in the One who offers true meaning, true belonging and true life.
Bible Study with Dr. Tim McQuade; 9:00 - 9:45 am or 11:00 am; Media Center; Understand main themes from books of the Bible and how these apply to our life of faith.
- Advent Study starts December 3
CLASSES DURING THE WEEK
There is more class information on the Men's Ministry and the Women's Ministry pages.
Lamplighters Small Group - Tuesday; 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm; Media Center- True small group Bible study, leaning on Christ and each other.
- Current Study: Ezekiel:The God Of Glory, Good Book Study Guide
Few books of the Bible seem scarier than Ezekiel - 48 chapters of weird and wonderful visions, bizarre street performances and blood-curdling judgments. This study gives a clear overview of all the main themes of Ezekiel’s prophecy - God’s glory, judgment, and hope. You’ll discover how God’s Word to His exiled people is truly fulfilled in the gospel of Jesus and the experience of Christians. In a world of false hopes that will ultimately fail, this is a message for everyone.
The Legacy Journey - Thursday's in the Fall; 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm; Media Center- This course was created by Dave Ramsey, founder of Financial Peace University (FPU). The Legacy Journey doesn't replace FPU; it builds on the foundation for your money that FPU provides. This is the class for both FPU graduates and anyone who wants a biblical framework for dealing with money and wealth. You'll learn practical how-to's on investing wisely, planning your estate, giving generously, and building generational wealth.
- 7 week course is offered during the fall.
- Cost is $109 per family/couple
- For more information use the form on the right side of this webpage
ALL BIBLE STUDIES SCHEDULE
December Class Information
All Bible Studies meet at the church unless noted otherwise. New people are welcome to join most classes at any time!
- Sunday, 8:45 am - 9:45 am; Adult Bible Study; September- May; Location: Room 120
- Sunday, 9:00 am - 9:45 am; Adult Bible Study; September-May; Location: Media Center
- Sunday, 11:00 am; Adult Bible Study; September-May; Location: Media Center
- Sunday, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm; Financial Peace University; September - November; Location: Media Center; Childcare provided with advanced notice
- Monday, 10:00 pm - 12:30 pm: Women’s Bible Study; September– May; Location: Room 120
- 1st & 3rd Tuesday, 9:30 am - 11:00 am: Women’s Bible Study; fall-spring; Location: Room 120
- Tuesday, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm: Ladies Discussion Small Group; Room 120
- 3rd Tuesday of Month, 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm: Women’s Harmony Circle; September-June; Location: Room 120; Childcare provided with advance notice
- Tuesday, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm; Adult Study Lamplighters; September - May; Location: Media Center; Childcare provided with advance notice
- Wednesday, 6:45 am: Men’s Bible Study; Meets weekly; Location: Room 120
- Wednesday, 9:30 am - 11:15 am: Women’s Bible Study; Meets during school year; Room 120; Childcare provided with advance notice
- Saturday, 8:30 am - 10:00 am; Men's Bible Study; Location: Room 120 September-June