Sycamore Presbyterian Church Adult Ministries provides a variety of opportunities for adults to experience Christian growth through study and fellowship.
True community happens in settings where we get to know one another during meaningful discussion. If you are looking for a Sunday morning class, a committed small group, casual gatherings with friends; we invite you to connect with others at Sycamore. You are always welcome to join a class or a group at anytime or drop in to a class as your schedule allows.
If you have any questions about our Adult Ministries events and activities, please contact Wendy Grethel.
There are additional classes and fellowship opportunities. Click on the picture below.
Sunday Study 8:30 - 9:45 am; Room 120 This Bible study meets in a relaxed, informal, caring environment where each person will gain an expanding understanding of how the Bible fits into their life while also getting to know others in the group. New people are welcome to join our group at any time - the more the merrier! Lessons are set up so that each week is a separate lesson. We use Life Guide study books available at the Spiritual Growth center (In the Connector).
- Current Study: Job: Wrestling With God
- Why do faithful people suffer? Job wanted to know. So he demanded an answer from God. His friends thought he was crazy, but Job persisted. And, finally, God answered. As you are lead through Job's questions and God's answers, you discover comfort, hope and meaning for the suffering in your own life. This revised LifeGuide Bible Study features additional questions for group discussions and for meeting God in personal reflection.
Bible Study with Dr. Tim McQuade; 9:00 - 9:45 am or 11:00 am; Media Center; Understand main themes as we move through the books of the Bible and how these apply to our life of faith. You are welcome to stop in any Sunday you are free!
- Romp Through Romans - Join us as we finish out the book of Romans
- Leap Through Lent - During Lent we will be exploring Lenten text from the Bible.
CLASSES DURING THE WEEK
There is more class information on the Men's Ministry and the Women's Ministry pages.
What is Pub Theology? People have been gathering in pubs and public spaces for ages, talking about life, philosophy, faith, and deep questions of meaning. Increasingly, people all over are rediscovering the pub as a safe, open space where they can explore and express their own doubts and questions, learn from others, and engage people of varying religious traditions. Come bring your questions, your curiosity, and pull up a chair.
- We meet the second Thursdays of each month at 7pm at Casual Pint in the Loveland Station: 110 S. 2nd St. Loveland, OH
- No need to register, just show up and feel free to bring a friend or two.
Lamplighters Small Group - Tuesday; 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm; Media Center- True small group Bible study, leaning on Christ and each other.
- Current Study: Hebrews: Consider Jesus; Good Book Study Guide
The letter to the Hebrews helps us leave behind our limited views of Jesus by explaining to us the supreme greatness of Christ Himself. Hebrews is an invitation to fix our eyes on God's Son - our perfect and merciful High priest, atoning Sacrifice and Great Shepherd. Discover the whole picture of Jesus Christ, and equip yourself to know, trust and follow Him, come what may
The Legacy Journey - Thursday's in the Fall; 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm; Media Center- This course was created by Dave Ramsey, founder of Financial Peace University (FPU). The Legacy Journey doesn't replace FPU; it builds on the foundation for your money that FPU provides. This is the class for both FPU graduates and anyone who wants a biblical framework for dealing with money and wealth. You'll learn practical how-to's on investing wisely, planning your estate, giving generously, and building generational wealth.
- 7 week course is offered during the fall.
- Cost is $109 per family/couple
- For more information use the form on the right side of this webpage
ALL BIBLE STUDIES SCHEDULE
April Adult Ministry Classes
All Bible Studies meet at the church unless noted otherwise. New people are welcome to join most classes at any time!
- Sunday, 8:45 am - 9:45 am; Adult Bible Study; September- May; Location: Room 120
- Sunday, 9:00 am - 9:45 am; Adult Bible Study; September-May; Location: Media Center
- Sunday, 11:00 am; Adult Bible Study; September-May; Location: Media Center
- Sunday, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm; Financial Peace University; September - November; Location: Media Center; Childcare provided with advanced notice
- Monday, 10:00 pm - 12:30 pm: Women’s Bible Study; September– May; Location: Room 120
- 1st & 3rd Tuesday, 9:30 am - 11:00 am: Women’s Bible Study; fall-spring; Location: Room 120
- Tuesday, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm: Ladies Discussion Small Group; Room 120
- 3rd Tuesday of Month, 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm: Women’s Harmony Circle; September-June; Location: Room 120; Childcare provided with advance notice
- Tuesday, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm; Adult Study Lamplighters; September - May; Location: Media Center; Childcare provided with advance notice
- Wednesday, 6:45 am: Men’s Bible Study; Meets weekly; Location: Room 120
- Wednesday, 9:30 am - 11:15 am: Women’s Bible Study; Meets during school year; Room 120; Childcare provided with advance notice
- Saturday, 8:30 am - 10:00 am; Men's Bible Study; Location: Room 120 September-June